Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
TeleECHO Clinic Session 1
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 Time: 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Assessing and Managing Self-Harm in Children and Teens – Dr. Michael Cheng, M.D., FRCP (C)
- Screen and assess patients for self-harm including Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI) and Suicidal Ideation (SI).
- Name one structured interview you can use to quantify suicide risk.
- Identify two management strategies for Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI) and Suicidal Ideation (SI).
Zoom Link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/129014841?pwd=QVQxTGxjODdwV3ROT1gxM2NWUjN0dz09
Meeting ID: 129-014-841
- Guide For Primary Care Clinicians: Caring For Youth Who Self-Injure – Author: American Academy of Pediatrics
- Practical Suicide-Risk Management for the Busy Primary Care Physician – Authors: A. McDowell, MD, T. Lineberry MD and J. Bostwick, MD
- Prevention of Youth Suicide: The Role of the Primary Care Physician – Authors:L. Taliaferro, PhD, MPH, J. Oberstar, MD, and I. Borowsky, MD
- Suicide and Suicide Attempts in Adolescents – Author: B. Shain, MD, PhD, COMMITTEE ON ADOLESCENCE
Case Presentation ECHO ID: 6021201
Case Presentation ECHO ID: 6021202
The TeleECHO virtual clinic session is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 30 Mainpro+ credits.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Presentation Slides: click here
Outstanding Questions: click here
Didactic Recording: click here