Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 5: TeleECHO Clinic Session 9
Tuesday, November 6th, 2018 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Primary Care Recognition and Management of Pediatric PTSD
Presenter: Dr. Michael Cheng, M.D., FRCP (C)
- Name the 3 levels of the triune brain relevant to PTSD.
- Describe two types of psychotherapies to use for PTSD.
- Name two medications that might be useful in PTSD.
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/652143635?pwd=V3pPRWxyV1FKVU5zTTVkZC9wK0Jpdz09
Meeting ID: 652-143-635
- Trauma-Informed Care (commentary) – Purkey et. al (2018)
- Psychological and Pharmacologic Treatment of Youth with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder – Keeshan & Strawn (2014)
- Children’s Impact of Events Scale (CRIES-8) (8-item)
- Child Trauma Screening Questionnaire (CTSQ) (10-item)
- Online version available: http://www.ementalhealth.ca/index.php?m=survey&ID=31
- Clinician Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 (CAPS-CA-5) (30-items for diagnosis)
Case Presentation: Jason Sutherland, MD, City of Lakes FHT, Sudbury (North East) ECHO ID: 5110609
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/ECSC2GiOfEs
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 5110609