Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 5: TeleECHO Clinic Session 15
Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Identifying and Treating Eating Problems in Primary Care Practice
Presenter: Dr. Kathi Pajer, M.D., M.P.H.
- Describe two eating problems in infants and children.
- Name one instrument that can help identify a youth with an eating disorder.
- List three features of a medical work-up for a patient with a suspected eating disorder.
- Identify three interventions that a primary care provider can initiate or participate in.
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/652143635?pwd=V3pPRWxyV1FKVU5zTTVkZC9wK0Jpdz09
Meeting ID: 652-143-635
- Feeding Problems of Infants and Toddlers
- Putting Eating Disorders on the Radar of Primary Care Providers
- Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment Eating Disorders (F.E.A.S.T.)
- Parent Toolkit – National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- What’s Eating You?: A Workbook for Teens with Anorexia, Bulimia and other Eating Disorders (Author: Tammy Nelson PhD)
- The Body Image Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help Girls Develop a Healthy Body Image in an Image-Obsessed World (Author: Julia V. Taylor PhD & Melissa Atkins Wardy)
Ginny Bateman, RN, Waterloo Wellington LHIN, Waterloo (Waterloo Wellington) ECHO ID: 5121815
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/04MVS51S-JI
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 5121815