Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 5: TeleECHO Clinic Session 12
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Sleep in Children and Teens: Medical Aspects
*Please note that Sleep will be presented in two didactics. 1- Medical Aspects (Nov. 27) & 2 – Behavioural (Dec. 4).
Presenters: Dr. Hazen Gandy, M.D.
- Identify three psychiatric diagnoses that can cause sleep problems.
- Identify two sleep promoting medications and describe when to use them and for what age group.
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/652143635?pwd=V3pPRWxyV1FKVU5zTTVkZC9wK0Jpdz09
Meeting ID: 652-143-635
- Insomnia in Childhood and Adolescence: Clinical Aspects, Diagnosis and Therapeutic Approach – Nunes & Bruni (2015)
- Sleep Problems and Sleep Disorders in Pediatric Primary Care: Treatment Recommendations, Persistence and Health Care Utilization – Meltzer et. al (2014)
- Pharmacotherapy of Pediatric Insomnia – Owens (2008)
- BEARS Sleep Screening Tool
- Children’s Sleep Diary – CHOC Children’s
- Teen Sleep Diary – National Sleep Foundation’s Guide to Promoting, Marketing and Advocating Healthy Sleep in Your Community
Case Presentation: Alexandra Lindberg, MD, Harrow Health Centre, Harrow ECHO ID: 5112712
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/RPCLMu4kKEE
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 5112712