Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 5: TeleECHO Clinic Session 1
Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Assessing and Managing Self-Harm in Children and Teens
Presenter: Dr. Kathi Pajer, M.D., M.P.H.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify two differences and two similarities between non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) and suicidal ideation (SI).
- Describe one difference between suicidal statements from children and adolescents.
- Name one structured interview you can use to quantify suicide risk.
- List three factors that increase risk for serious suicide attempts.
- Identify two management strategies you can use to help youth with chronic suicidality.
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/652143635?pwd=V3pPRWxyV1FKVU5zTTVkZC9wK0Jpdz09
Meeting ID: 652-143-635
- Guide For Primary Care Clinicians: Caring For Youth Who Self-Injure, AAP (2010)
- Practical Suicide-Risk Management for the Busy Primary Care Physician – McDowell et al. (2011)
- Prevention of Youth Suicide: The Role of the Primary Care Physician – Taliaferro et al. (2012)
- Suicide and Suicide Attempts in Adolescents, AAP (2016)
Tools: Self Harm Tools
Case Presentation ECHO ID: 5091101
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Presentation Slides: https://cheo.echoontario.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/iECHO_Self-Harm_5-1_2018-09-11.pdf
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/CL6gvNVaLIY
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 5091101