Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 4: TeleECHO Clinic Session 6
Thursday, October 18th, 2018 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Getting Unstuck: Motivational Interviewing (MI)
Presenter: Dr. Simone Kortstee, C. Psych
- Identify two key principles of motivational interviewing (MI).
- Name the three core skills of MI.
- Identify three interview techniques to increase change talk and work with ambivalence in your office.
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/919372418?pwd=SzNLR2NpVFZheXdBcks4Zll5QTV5dz09
Meeting ID: 919-372-418
- Brief Interventions and Motivational Interviewing With Children, Adolescents, and Their Parents in Pediatric Health Care Settings, Erickson et al. (2005)
- Motivational Interviewing (Portico website)
Rebecca Verhaeghe, MD from Pine River Institute (Barrie) – North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN | ECHO ID: 4101806
The TeleECHO virtual clinic session is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/CmTJctts2Ps
Outstanding Questions: TSC – 6
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 4101806