Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 4: TeleECHO Clinic Session 18
Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: The Sad Child: Depression in Infants, Toddlers and Children (aged 1-12)
Presenter: Dr. Michael Cheng, M.D., FRCP (C)
- Describe two features of depression in infants, toddlers and children.
- Name two differential diagnoses for infant/toddler depression.
- List three strategies for early childhood depression.
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/919372418?pwd=SzNLR2NpVFZheXdBcks4Zll5QTV5dz09
Meeting ID: 919-372-418
- Treatment of Childhood and Adolescent Depression – Clark et. al (2012)
- Pediatric Depression: An Evidence-Based Update on Treatment Interventions – Cheung et. al (2013)
- Online Resources:
- Can Preschoolers Be Depressed – New York Times Magazine Article
- How to Get Unstuck From the Negative Muck: A Kid’s Guide to Getting Rid of Negative Thinking (Author: Lake Sullivan, PhD)
- My Feeling Better Workbook: Help for Kids who are Sad and Depressed (Author: Sara Hamil, LCSW)
PCP Resources (MUS):
- Online Tool:
- Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale for Children (CES-DC), a free, 20-item self-report for depression for ages 6-17
- Child and Youth Mental Health Toolkits
- Borderline Personality Disorder (ZAN-BPD)
Clea Lang, NP, Scarborough CHC, Scarborough, ON (Central East) ECHO ID: 4012418
The TeleECHO virtual clinic session is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/dfF5NIDlmN4
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 4012418