Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 4: TeleECHO Clinic Session 13
Thursday, December 6th, 2018 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Sleep in Children and Teens: Supporting Skills and Behaviours
Presenters: Dr. Simone Kortstee, C.Psych
- Identify sleep needs and challenges across the developmental stages in children and youth
- Implement behavioural interventions for children with sleep problems
- Implement elements of CBT-Insomnia for teens
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/919372418?pwd=SzNLR2NpVFZheXdBcks4Zll5QTV5dz09
Meeting ID: 919-372-418
- Insomnia in Childhood and Adolescence: Clinical Aspects, Diagnosis and Therapeutic Approach – Nunes & Bruni (2015)
- Sleep Problems and Sleep Disorders in Pediatric Primary Care: Treatment Recommendations, Persistence and Health Care Utilization – Meltzer et. al (2014)
- Pharmacotherapy of Pediatric Insomnia – Owens (2008)
- Behavioral Sleep Problems in Children – UpToDate
- BEARS Sleep Screening Tool
- Children’s Sleep Diary – CHOC Children’s
- Teen Sleep Diary – National Sleep Foundation’s Guide to Promoting, Marketing and Advocating Healthy Sleep in Your Community
Abeyat Zaman-Haque, MD-Peds, Toronto (Central) ECHO ID: 4120613
The TeleECHO virtual clinic session is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/KP2sUx3Up24
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 4120613