Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Cycle 4: TeleECHO Clinic Session 12
Thursday, November 29th, 2018 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Sleep in Children and Teens: Medical Aspects
*Please note that Sleep will be presented in two didactics. 1- Medical Aspects (Nov. 29) & 2 – Behavioural (Dec. 6).
Presenters: Dr. Hazen Gandy, M.D.
- Identify three psychiatric diagnoses that can cause sleep problems.
- Identify two sleep promoting medications and describe when to use them and for what age group.
Zoom link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/919372418?pwd=SzNLR2NpVFZheXdBcks4Zll5QTV5dz09
Meeting ID: 919-372-418
- Insomnia in Childhood and Adolescence: Clinical Aspects, Diagnosis and Therapeutic Approach – Nunes & Bruni (2015)
- Sleep Problems and Sleep Disorders in Pediatric Primary Care: Treatment Recommendations, Persistence and Health Care Utilization – Meltzer et. al (2014)
- Pharmacotherapy of Pediatric Insomnia – Owens (2008)
- BEARS Sleep Screening Tool
- Children’s Sleep Diary – CHOC Children’s
- Teen Sleep Diary – National Sleep Foundation’s Guide to Promoting, Marketing and Advocating Healthy Sleep in Your Community
Ruben Hummelen, MD, Northern Clinic, Sioux Lookout ECHO ID: 4112912
The TeleECHO virtual clinic session is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit per session.
All other professional groups can use the certificate provided at the end of each TeleECHO™ clinic session evaluation for their certificate of attendance.
Didactic Recording: https://youtu.be/OwTUFjeBo0c
Case Discussion Summary:
ECHO ID: 4112912