The Goals of Project ECHO® Ontario CYMH are:
- Improve primary care provider capacity to safely and effectively treat mental health problems in children and youth who present in non-specialty care settings.
- Reduce the need for specialist intervention and increase the speed with which patients can get the care they need.
- Create local experts in child and youth mental health care. The long-term goal of any ECHO®program is that local providers refer to these local experts for specialty care.
- Reduce disparities in the quality of care for rural, remote, and underserved areas by providing culturally-competent care in a local, environment.
- Collaborate with primary care providers to develop new models of care and service delivery to underserved areas.
- Build a virtual Community of Practice for primary care providers that ensure long-term, sustained peer support and a consultation network.