LHIN MHAN TeleECHO Clinic Session 1
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019 Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: “I Just Want to Die” – Managing Youth Suicidality –Dr. Kathleen Pajer, M.D., M.P.H.
- Identify a method to quantify the level of suicidal thoughts or behaviour.
- Describe two difference between acute and chronic suicidality.
- Name two non-medication interventions.
- Describe two uses of psychotropic medications.
Zoom Link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/411461483?pwd=YIRXdmowMEZ5djhqZ3ozZU05eUc4dz09
Meeting ID: 411-461-483
- Suicide and Suicide Attempts in Adolescents – Author: Benjamin Shain, PhD
- Prevention of Youth Suicide: The Role of the Primary Care Physician – Authors: L. Taliaferro, PhD, MPH, J. Oberstar, MD and I. Wagman Borowsky, MD, PhD
- Practical Suicide-Risk Management for the Busy Primary Care Physician – Authors: A. McDowell, MD, T. Lineberry, MD and J. M. Bostwick, MD
- School-Based Suicide Prevention: A Framework for Evidence-Based Practice – Authors: J. Singer, T. Erbacher and P. Rosen
- The Columbia Lighthouse Project for Healthcare Professionals
- The Columbia Lighthouse Project Training Options for Communities and Healthcare
- The Columbia Lighthouse Project Toolkits
- The Ask Suicide-Screening Questions (ASQ) Tookkit
Case Presentation ECHO ID: LM022801
Learning Partners can use the certificate provided at the end of the LHIN MHAN pilot as proof of attendance for Professional Groups and/or Professional Associations.
Didactic Presentation Slides: click here
Didactic Recording: click here
Case Discussion Summary: ECHO ID LM022801