MHAN TeleECHO Clinic Session 4
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2019 Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Clinical Pearls Didactic Title: Identifying and Treating Anxiety and Mood Disorders in Children and Youth – Dr. Hazen Gandy, M.D., FRCP (C)
- List three common anxiety disorders that occur in adolescents.
- Describe one way of supporting parents with anxious children.
- Name at least two effective treatments for anxiety and mood disorders in children.
- Identify two treatments for adolescent depression.
Zoom Link: https://echo.zoom.us/j/411461483?pwd=YIRXdmowMEZ5djhqZ3ozZU05eUc4dz09
Meeting ID: 411-461-483
- Treatment of Childhood and Adolescent Depression – Authors: Clark et. al (2012)
- Pediatric Depression: An Evidence-Based Update on Treatment Interventions – Authors: A. H. Cheung, N. Kozloff, and D.Sacks
- Guidelines for Adolescent Depression in Primary Care (GLAD-PC) II (Updated 2018) – Authors: A. Cheung, M.D., R. Zuckerbrot M.D., and S. Jensen, M.D.
- Parent and Caregiver Resources
- Can Preschoolers Be Depressed? – Author: P. Paul
- The Whole-Brain Child – Authors: D. Siegel M.D., and T. Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting – Author: L. Markham
- Books for Parent to Read along with their Child aged 6-12
- How to get Unstuck From the Negative Muck: A Kid’s Guide to Getting Rid of Negative Thinking – Author: L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
- My Feeling Better Workbook: Help for Kids who are Sad and Depressed– Author: S. Hamil, LCSW
- PCP Resources
- Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale for Children (CES-DC), a free, 20-item self-report for depression for ages 6-17
- Child and Youth Mental Health Toolkits
- Borderline Personality Disorder (ZAN-BPD)
- Kutcher Adolescent Depression (KADS-6), 6-items, with 92% sensitivity and 71% specificity for adolescent depression
- The Youth Mental Health: Anxiety and Depression Tool
Case Presentation ECHO ID: LM032804
Didactic Presentation Slides: click here
Outstanding Questions: click here
Didactic Recording: click here
Case Discussion Summaries: ECHO ID LM032804